The Pen tool is the most used tool in Drawboard PDF and enables you to write your notes on your documents, just as if you were using actual pen and paper.
When you select a pen you can choose the:
- Color of the pen
- The opacity of the pen
- The size of the pen, from 0.5pt up to 64pt
To use your pen on the document, you can (if you are using a touch device) use an Active Pen or Stylus, when using Touch to Annotate you can also use your finger. Whilst we recommend using a pen or your finger for best results, you can also use your mouse!
You can also select your pen annotations and edit them
Drawboard PDF allows you to highlight your documents to ensure you can emphasize the important information in your documents. This is why we have developed the Highlighter Pen, this is different from and more flexible than the Text Highlighter
The benefits of this pen are:
- You can highlight all parts of the document including:
- PDF Text
- All annotations
- You can highlight text on documents that have been scanned, or that are images
- It acts as a pen which gives you more flexibility in how you highlight, not just straight lines.
The facts are that sometimes you need to erase what you have written, just like on real paper.
We have thought about that and given you an eraser that will enable you erase anything that you have written,
You can do this via 2 methods:
- Selecting the Eraser pen from the tool menu and drawing over the annotations you want to erase
- If you have an active pen (such as a surface pen) you can use the eraser on the back end of the pen and it will erase the annotations.