Enjoy enhanced inking capabilities with Advanced Ink.
Pressure sensitive ink and smart ink recognition is available to all Pro plan users and is part of Drawboard PDF’s Advanced Ink kit. Advanced Ink includes:
- Pro Pen: Pressure sensitivity for life-like ink
- Calligraphy Pen: Highly dynamic to replicate the look and feel of calligraphy inking
- Ink-to-line: Scalable lines free-hand with smart ink-to-line recognition
- Ink-to-shape: hand-drawn shapes automatically change to precise shapes with ink-to-shape smart recognition
Drawboard PDF basic plan users get access to standard ink for marking up with the pen tool.
How to use pressure sensitive ink in Drawboard PDF
- Select the pen tool from your toolbar
- Tap the 3 dots on the pen tool
- Select either the Pro pen or Calligraphy pen to enjoy pressure sensitive ink when you write or draw on the canvas
Change the sensitivity level of your ink
- Tap the 3 dots on the pen tool that you would like to use to open your pen properties
- Move the Ink Pressure slider to the right and left to change the sensitivity level of your ink.
- Slide to the left to reduce the sensitivity of your ink
- Slide to the right to increase the sensitivity of your ink
Note: Pressure sensitivity is available on the Pro Pen and Calligraphy Pen (
How to use ink-to-line
From the canvas:
- Select the drawing tool that you would like to use from your toolbar: either highlighter or pen
- Tap the 3 dots on the tool that you would like to use
- Make sure Ink-to-Line is switched on. If it isn’t, toggle it on (the toggle will appear green with a tick when it is on)
- Using your finger, stylus or mouse, draw a freehand ink line and don’t release the stroke until smart ink-to-line recognition is triggered
- Your freehand line will automatically transform into precise straight line
If you continue to hold the end of your line without releasing, you can pivot the line with your finger, stylus or mouse to move it where you would like.
How to use ink-to-shape
From the canvas:
- Select the drawing tool that you would like to create your shape with from your toolbar: either pen or highlighter
- Using your finger, stylus or mouse, draw a freehand shape and don’t release the stroke until smart ink-to-shape recognition is triggered (ink-to-shape recognizes squares, triangles, circles, pentagons and hexagons)
- Your freehand line will automatically transform into a precise polygon
Tip: Continue to hold your finger, stylus or mouse to your canvas after ink-to-shape is recognized to resize and rotate your shape.