Flattening is the action of committing an annotation to the PDF to ensure it is no longer editable to external parties, upon opening the document.
How to flatten annotations
From the selection menu
- Select the annotation or annotations you would like to flatten
- The selection menu will appear.
- Click the three dots in the selection menu
- This will bring up a modal
- Click flatten
- Click confirm
The annotation will now be flattened and this cannot be reversed. The annotation will no longer be editable in any way.
Flatten all annotations
- Navigate to the left-hand side menu
- Click on the More menu
- Click on annotations
- Click flatten annotations
- Confirm the action