Drawboard PDF is a collaborative PDF editing platform that enables PDFs to be shared with anyone you like with real-life editing abilities. This feature is available for free account user! However, you will be limited on how much documents you can upload based on your subscription.
- Essentials(Free): 10 files uploads
- Essentials Plus: 20 files uploads
- Premium: 200 files uploads
Let us start off with uploading your PDFs. Follow this article to know more about uploading PDF.
Once you have successfully uploaded your document to the cloud, you will have several options to start your collaboration.
Start from the Dashboard
1. Press and hold your document from the dashboard
2. A menu will show that includes the share option
3. Click the Share option
4. The Share modal will appear on the screen. Click here to know more about the Share modal
Start from the Canvas
1. Open your cloud document
2. Click the Share button on the top (next to your PDF's name)
3. The Share modal will appear on the screen. Click here to know more about the Share modal
The Share modal gives you the ability to share your document via 2 methods with different types of permission too:
Share via emails
You can share your document by sending the invite directly by email:
1. Simply put the email address to the email box
2. Set your permission to either reader or collaborator. Learn more about it here.
3. Click Send Invite
The user will then receive the invitation in their email from firstname.lastname@example.org as shown below:
Once received, the user can click Go to document and logged in with the same email address that the user received the email with. Enjoy your shared document!
Tip: The user can only receive the shared document via the web app first and then to the other platforms(e.g. Windows or iOS)
Share via link
You can share your document by sending the invite using a link. This method is quite different from the email method because the share link can be used by any user to access the shared document. Here are the steps to share your document via link:
1. Set your permission to either reader or collaborator. Learn more about it here.
2. Click Share via link
3. You will then be given different options here:
- Share the link to other people
- Share the link to other third party apps
- Simply copy the link to the clipboard
The user who receives the link can just click on it and the it directly open the PDF in your web app. You will be prompted to login if you have not login. The shared document can only be received a logged in user.
There are 2 types of permission available for a shared document:
- Reader - User can only read the document with no editing abilities
- Collaborator - User has the ability to edit the documents