In the Drawboard PDF web app, users can open and mark up files from their Google Drive account.
All markups made on documents opened from Google Drive are synced from Drawboard PDF to Google Drive in real time.
Files that can be opened and synced include PDF documents and image files (.png and .jpg). To open a file from Google Drive in Drawboard PDF, ensure that you are logged in to your Drawboard PDF account. Then, from the dashboard:
- Tap the plus icon to open a new file
- Under From Cloud Storage service, tap Google Drive
- Select the file that you would like to open
All markups will be synced to your Google Drive account in real time.
Note: Google Drive edit access is required to make changes to a document opened from Google Drive.
If a file is opened that you don't have edit access to, you have 3 options:
- Modify the file's permissions on Google Drive to enable editing. This is ideal if you require changes to the original document
- Generate an editable copy within Drawboard PDF, keeping the original file unaltered
- Continue accessing the document without editing capabilities