How to calibrate your page (set your page scale) on the Drawboard PDF iOS app
Setting your page calibration makes measurements meaningful on the canvas. By setting a known length relative to a real-life distance, you can start to take accurate measurements of site plans, technical drawings or objects on your canvas.
Note: page calibration is part of the measurement toolset which is available to all Pro Plus and Pro Unlimited users.
To calibrate your page:
- Select the Calibrate tool from your toolbar
- Click and drag to draw a line to the desired distance on your canvas. Note: if you would like to set your page scale to a known distance on the canvas, draw your line along a known length (eg. the length of an exterior wall of a floorplan that you know the distance of)
- The app will measure the distance and a modal will appear including:
- Your document length ie. the length of the line you have drawn on-page, and associated unit (m, cm, ft, nm etc.)
- The length you would like your document calibrated to including the associated unit (m, cm, ft, nm etc.) and the precision to which you would like your measurements displayed (ie. to the decimal point)
- Add your known length that you would like your page calibrated to in the To Length field
- Set the unit and precision and then tap Save
Now, when you use any of the measurement tools on-page, your measurements will display accurately according to your page calibration.