Available on: Web app, Windows app, iOS app
Tip: Projects can also be archived. Click here if you're looking for information on Project archiving
Archive issues that are completed, that are no longer relevant, or which belong to older review cycles, to help you focus more easily on the issues you do need to resolve.
Archiving an issue removes it from the issues list for all Project members (unless the "Show archived" filter is activated) and removes it from all issue counts. Archiving is independent of issue status, so that Open or Pending issues can be archived if they were accidentally created. Archiving doesn't change any other issue functionality, though. Project members will still be able to access archived issues using the "Show archived" filter on the issue list, and there are no additional restrictions on changing issue metadata, adding comments, etc.
We've done this so that organisations who want to focus their team on a smaller number of active issues can easily achieve this, while project members who need to occasionally add updates to older issues can do this without needing to unarchive and re-archive them.
Archiving an Issue
To archive an issue:
- Within a project, navigate to the Issues list. By default, this displays only active (unarchived) issues
- In the Web and Windows apps, click or tap the More (three dots) button of the issue you wish to archive and select Archive Issue. In the iOS app, swipe left on the issue you wish to archive and tap the grey Archive button
- When asked if you wish to continue, click or tap Archive to archive the issue
Archiving Multiple Issues
At the end of a design review phase, there may be many resolved issues that no longer need to be actively managed. These can be archived in one operation, by bulk selecting and then archiving.
To archive multiple issues in one action:
- Within a project, navigate to the Issues list
- In the Web and Windows apps, select the checkbox next to all the issues you wish to archive. In the iOS app, tap the bulk select button in the toolbar, then tap all the issues you wish to archive
- Click or tap the Archive bulk action button that appears above the Issues list.
- When asked if you wish to continue, click or tap Archive to archive the issues
Accessing archived Issues
When viewing the Issues list, you can switch between viewing active (unarchived) and archived issues. Archived issues are not "locked" in any way, and can be opened and used normally, e.g. issue status and due date can be changed, comments can be added, etc.
In the Web and Windows apps, click or tap Show archived to display all archived issues. Click or tap again to switch back to displaying active issues.
In the iOS app, click or tap the Filter button, then select Show archived. Repeat and select Hide archived to switch back to displaying active issues.
Unarchiving an Issue
To unarchive a issue:
- Navigate to the Issues list, and use Show archived to display all archived issues
- In the Web and Windows apps, click or tap the More (three dots) button of the issue you wish to unarchive and select Unarchive Issue. In the iOS app, swipe left on the issue you wish to archive and tap the grey Unarchive button
- If asked whether you wish to continue, click or tap Unarchive to unarchive the issue