Available on: Web app, Windows app, iOS app
Tip: Issues can also be archived. Click here if you're looking for information on Issue archiving
Archive projects that you've completed, that are dormant for a period of time, or that your team no longer needs to work on, to help you focus more easily on your current projects.
Archiving a project removes it from the active projects list for all Project members, but doesn't change any functionality. Project members will still be able to access the archived project using the "Show archived" filter on the project list and upload drawings, create and edit issues, etc.
We've done this so that organisations who want to focus their team on a smaller number of active projects can easily achieve this, while project members who need to occasionally manage issues on dormant projects can do this without needing to unarchive and re-archive projects.
Archiving a Project
To archive a project:
- Navigate to the Projects list. By default, this displays only active (unarchived) projects
- In the Web and Windows apps, click or tap the More (three dots) button of the project you wish to archive and select Archive Project. In the iOS app, swipe left on the project you wish to archive and tap the grey Archive button
- When asked if you wish to continue, click or tap Archive to archive the project
Accessing archived Projects
When viewing the Projects list, you can switch between viewing active (unarchived) and archived projects. Archived projects are not "locked" in any way, and can be opened and used normally, e.g. new drawings can be uploaded and marked up, and issues can be created or modified.
In the Web and Windows apps, click or tap Show archived to display all archived projects. Click or tap again to switch back to displaying active projects.
In the iOS app, click or tap the Filter button, then select Show archived. Repeat and select Hide archived to switch back to displaying active projects.
Unarchiving a Project
To unarchive a project:
- Navigate to the Projects list, and use Show archived to display all archived projects
- In the Web and Windows apps, click or tap the More (three dots) button of the project you wish to unarchive and select Unarchive Project. In the iOS app, swipe left on the project you wish to archive and tap the grey Unarchive button
- If asked whether you wish to continue, click or tap Unarchive to unarchive the project