There are several reasons on why you are not getting the new subscription even though you have the old subscription from the v5 windows app:
1. Issue with the Microsoft Store
There could be an issue with the Microsoft Store. Please follow the steps in this article to solve the issue.
2. Logging in with the incorrect Drawboard cloud account
Please first read what changes have been made regarding our license and account system in our v6 app in this support article.
We use a first come first serve method whereby your first Drawboard cloud account will get the subscription from your Microsoft Store account. Hence, if you logged in to your Drawboard Windows app with multiple Drawboard cloud accounts, make sure that you are logged in with the first Drawboard account that you signed in to the Drawboard windows app.
3. Logging in to the Web App directly
Unfortunately, the Web App doesn't check whether you have a pro subscription on the Microsoft store because the Web App is using a separate store to purchase a license which is ChargeBee. Thus, if you logged in to the Web App with a Microsoft store account that has the old pro subscription in it, the Web App doesn't give you the pro subscription. An example of this scenario:
💡 Let's say you logged in to the Microsoft Store with an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) that has the old pro subscription that you purchased from the v5 Windows app. Then, you attempt to create an account/login with the same email (email@example.com) to the Web App. The Web App will give you a free subscription.
Follow these steps below to fix it:
- Check that you are logged in to the Microsoft Store with an account that has the old pro subscription(e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org)
- If you have installed the Windows app, do a reset on the app by: Start > Drawboard PDF > Right-click on the app > App settings > Reset
- If you have not installed the windows app, please install it from the Windows App
- Login to the Windows App with any Drawboard account(you don't need to login/create account using the same email address as in step 1).
- Your old subscription from the Microsoft Store account in step 1 will now migrate as a new subscription(Essential plus) to the Drawboard account in Step 4.
- You should now have Essential plus on your Drawboard Windows app.
- Now login to the Web App using the same Drawboard account as in step 4.
What if none of these previous steps works?
We will try our best to help you with your issue. Please do the following to help us understand more of your issue and send this information back to us.
- Copy your subscription details by going to Settings > About Drawboard PDF > Copy to Clipboard
- Get a screenshot of your pricing plan. Go to Profile Setting > Manage Subscription > Screenshot this part
- Give us both your Microsoft Store email address & Drawboard cloud email address
- Please obtain logs from the Windows app by following the steps here: Article