With the Document Builder feature you can merge PDFs together, rearrange pages and rotate or delete multiple pages. There are two ways to access the document builder, this article shows both as well as how to use the features.
Accessing from the Open and Create menu
- Click the open and create button
- Click the combine button
- This will launch the Document Builder
How to access document builder (Option 2)
- Navigate to the Canvas
- Go to top right corner and select the four squares
- Select Edit Document in the bottom left corner
- Click the 'Merge with' button
How to rearrange and build your document
Once you are in the Document Builder, you can add PDFs, then rearrange, manipulate and merge as you like.
Managing your new document
- Title: Give your new PDF a title by typing in the bar labeled Untitled Document
- Save: Once you are finished building your document select Done, save as from the left-hand menu to open the document in Drawboard PDF as a new document.
- From file: If you would like to add another file to the document select Add another document... (or Merge with... in the bottom menu if following Option 2), this will open the folder selection so you can find the document. The new document added will always be added to the end of the document you are building.
- Duplicate: Select the page/s you want to duplicate (see selecting section for hints) and select Duplicate from the menu at the bottom. Note that all duplicated pages will be added to the document after the last page that was selected. When pages are duplicated they will appear in the range of selected pages on the left hand side. For example - if I duplicate the first three pages of this document the range looks like this:
- New page: You can add a new page to your document when you have the document open in Drawboard PDF. Save the document (as described above in manage your new document) and see our other articles to add a new blank page or to add a new page with grid or lines.
- Tap/Click to select: Select any page by clicking on it, you can select multiple pages this way. Click the page again if you do not want to select it. You will see a blue tick on all selected pages.
- Select All: Open the Selected menu, clicking the Select All option selects all pages currently in the document builder
- Select None: Open the Selected menu, clicking the Select None option removes all selections from the pages already selected
- Reverse Selection: Open the Selected menu, clicking the Invert Selection option will remove the selection from pages currently selected and all pages that are not selected will now be selected.
- Range select: Open the Selected menu, click the Range Select option, select the first and last page you want included in the range, all other pages between them will also be selected.
- Remove selected: Select the page/s that you want to remove from the document and select Remove from the bottom menu
- Document page range: Click on the page range of the documents listed, to open the document page range, you can then use the page numbers to add duplicate pages (or remove pages).
- Reorder selected: Select the page/s that you want to reorder in the document and drag them to their new location in the document. Remember that all selected pages will go to the same position in the document, they will appear in the order they were already in they will not appear in the order selected if they were selected out of order.
- Rotate pages: Select the page/s that you want to rotate and the select the direction you want to rotate the page/s from the bottom menu