With the ability to add images on the Projects iOS app, users can add additional context to their drawing and document reviews as well as sharing graphical content on the fly from wherever they are!
- Insert screenshots of 3D model into a drawing for additional context and detail
- Insert images of material samples
- Insert images and screenshots of designs from other projects as references during early design stages
- Insert an image of current site conditions
How to insert images:
Inside the tools drawer, you will see an option for an Image tool in the Insert tab. Once the Image tool is selected, you have three different options for inserting an image into a Drawing or Document.
Note: all standard image types supported by Apple are supported.
1) From Image Library
Select this option to insert an image from anywhere within your iOS Image Library.
2) Take photo
Select this option to take a new photo with your iOS device.
Note: You will need to enable permission for the Drawboard Projects app to use your camera once this option is selected.
3) Insert a file
Select this option if you have image files stored on your iOS device in a different location like the native iOS Files app.
How to edit images:
- Re-sizing and rotation - all images can be re-sized and rotated like any other annotation in Projects.
- Note: Images can only be re-sized while maintaining aspect ratio, to preserve the quality of your image.
- Copy and paste - images can be copied and pasted just like other annotations in Projects.
- Opacity - when an existing image is selected, images can be made partially transparent by using the Opacity option and slider on the action bar.
Image tool as a Favorite:
- The Image tool can be added to the Favorites bar just like any other annotation tool
- If the Image tool is selected and the Tools Drawer is closed, just double tap on the drawing or document to open the Tools Drawer and display the three insert image options.