We've recently found a potential fix in one scenario which was causing the app to load slowly in our patch of version 5.35.6, please update your app to enjoy it. Drawboard PDF: Release Notes
App taking too long to open
We've noted that some users experience extremely long load times, usually more than 6 seconds.
Factors that affect this include:
- Connectivity between the app and the Microsoft Store's server while checking for a license.
- Mismatching Microsoft Store + Microsoft Account + Device region settings
- Slow internet connection or strict enterprise firewall settings, VPN use.
- If your version of Windows 10 is not genuine.
- Multiple Microsoft accounts logged into the device and Microsoft Store app.
Note: There has been a trend from users with Windows 10 Pro/Education reporting this issue, we are uncertain on why but it might help explain.
App taking too long to load documents
This might be caused by having too many large unsaved documents open in Drawboard PDF.
Past historical work and recent documents disappear for a moment but come back when reopening the app. This could be due to all the documents open in 'recent documents' and 'active documents'.
Solution: Saving and closing all of the active and recent documents have been known to help.
If you are not able to close those files and are willing to lose unsaved changes to documents, especially if the app keeps crashing, do the following:
- Open File Explorer and replace your address bar to navigate to:
(replace your USERNAME with the whichever text was originally there for you.)
- Then delete or modify these 2 files accordingly.
Pen ink lagging when writing
If you are experiencing pen and ink issues, here're all our solutions regarding that: Drawboard PDF: Pen and ink settings