1. If you have not updated your PC in a while
Please update your computer to the latest version of Windows 10
Steps: Windows Settings > Update & Security > Check for Updates
Note: For security reasons, Microsoft does not allow us to update our app to the latest version unless your version of Windows is up to date.
2. Update Drawboard PDF once you're on the latest version of Windows
Steps: Win Key + "Microsoft Store" > Open the Microsoft Store app > "..." at the top right > Downloads and Updates > Start update for Drawboard PDF
After which, you should be able to access our latest features/bug fixes!
Check out this Microsoft support article for more instructions.
Problem Solving FAQ
I tried everything but I cannot update Drawboard PDF
This is likely happening because you had an early preinstalled version of our app. If so, try the following:
1. Start the app
2. Settings>More: Ensure "Synchronise my settings" is Enabled
3. Settings>Account: Click "Sign In" button at the bottom to open the flyout menu.
4. Click "Sign Out" button near top right of screen.
5. Restart the app
6. Settings>About Drawboard PDF: It should now say Paid, Pre-installed etc
How do I find out what version of Windows I am on?
Windows Settings > About your PC > *scroll down* to Windows Specifications
I am on Windows 8.1, it should be fine right?
Windows 8.1 mainstream support was ended in 2018, please update/upgrade to Windows 10.
This can be done within your Windows settings. It is free to do so and we highly recommend it, as your device will be more secure from vulnerabilities and be able to use the latest version of Drawboard too.
These articles might help:
Upgrade to Windows 10: FAQ