You can erase an annotation from a document in a number of ways.
Contextual Erasing (stylus)
Select an annotation tool in the same context (using the same tool) as that which you wish to erase (pen for ink, shape for shapes).
Use the stylus erase button on the annotation to erase and it will be removed!
In the selection menu of the radial menu, you can choose the eraser. By default the erase tool will only erase ink. To allow the erase tool to erase all annotation types you can:
- Select the Main Menu pane
- Select the Settings icon
- Select Annotation
- Check Erase all annotations
- To erase an annotation with the eraser selected simply drag over the area you wish to erase (a track line will indicate where you have dragged).
Any annotation can be selected on the document page. Once selected it can be removed by using the 'Delete' key on your keyboard or by bringing out the annotation menu (press and hold on the annotation, or right-click) and selecting the 'Delete' option.
Clear all annotations
You can clear all of the annotations from a document by:
- In the main menu on the left, tap on More (represented by the '...' icon).
- Select Annotations from the list of options.
- Selecting Clear Annotations.
Removing a highlight
Highlights on text can be erased by:
- Using the text review remove tool (the T with the x next to it)
- Using the eraser on the back of your Surface pen, when you are still in the highlight tool.