Drawboard PDF hangs and crashes due to certain situations including license checking, document corruption, and more. The following solutions have been known to help.
Hang or crashing once opening a document
Cause: A PDF that was last opened could be unstable or corrupt from printers or legacy document apps.
Solution: Stabilize the document and reset or reinstall the app
Stabilize the document
- Open the document in an internet browser (eg. Chrome)
- Within the browser, print the document again into a PDF (Ctrl + P)
This will ensure instabilities in the PDF are resolved and prevents further hangs.
Reset or Reinstall the app
- Follow the guide here to reset and/or uninstall the app
- Follow the guide here to reinstall the app
- Alternatively, if you wish not to reinstall, follow the steps here.
Hang on license check
Caused by not having a 'personal' Microsoft account logged into your Work or School device
You might be currently logged into a Work or School account, which would affect you from operating the app due to Microsoft Store limitations, using a 'personal' email might help. The following articles will help:
- Drawboard PDF: How to log into your Windows device using a 'personal' email
- Drawboard PDF: Why is it asking me to sign in to my Microsoft Account?
Caused by connectivity or Microsoft Store app issues
Cause: This issue is caused by the Microsoft Store licensing and sometimes happens when there is a mismatch or connection issue between the Microsoft Store app and Drawboard PDF app. Sometimes this error message will appear: "0x803f8001 Drawboard PDF is not available in your account”
- Solutions to Microsoft Store app issues (Reinstalling the Microsoft Store app is known to solve some hanging issues)
- Drawboard PDF: Windows Error Messages and Remedies
- Try switching off your internet connection and then launching the app
Solutions that help but aren't tied to a specific solution
If you are unsure and the above solutions didn't work, these have worked for some users:
Ensure your Microsoft account and your device's region are correct
If your device's current Microsoft Store location and region are not the same as your Microsoft account's location and region, it could interfere with PRO subscriptions. This mostly happens when you reset your device or get a new one.
Follow the steps here: Drawboard PDF: Resolving Microsoft Store's currency/location/region settings
Check if you are running an older version of windows
- In some scenarios, Windows will not allow you to open a Microsoft Store app that has been updated for a newer version of windows while you are running an older version of it.
- Updating your version of Windows might solve this issue. See Drawboard PDF: How do I update to the latest version Drawboard PDF? for more details.
My scenario wasn't described
If you are still having this issue or your scenario wasn't mentioned, send a request to our support team at https://bit.ly/DrawboardHCForm with the files outlined here and we'll help you as best we can.