Groups of Drawings can be exported from the project with all annotations included at the time of export. Exports can only be performed through the Web Application and Drawings remain unchanged in the project after an export.
The Project Owner and all Administrators can export both Drawings back to the Aconex Document Register.
Once all of your markups are complete, or if you just want to sync your progress sets back to Aconex periodically, complete the following steps to export a Drawing to the Aconex Document Register:
- Ensure you are on the Projects page.
- Open the Drawings tab.
- Activate the Select drawings mode and select the drawings you wish to export from your project.
- Select the Sync option in the action menu that appears across the top of your screen.
- In the dropdown menu, click the option with the Aconex logo.
Note: If you have not previously logged into Aconex from within Drawboard Projects, you will be prompted to log in with your Aconex username and password as shown below.
- Select your Project from the dropdown list.
- Select Yes or No for "Supersede as new revisions?". This will either add a new revision to an existing document in the Document Register (if Yes), or create a completely new document (if No).
- If there are Mandatory Fields in your Aconex project, please choose the appropriate fields for these documents.
- Click Sync drawings.
You will receive a notification in green that states "Successfully triggered export to Aconex. Please check your Aconex Document register shortly."
Once the above steps are complete, now you will be able to access your drawing markups in Aconex.
- Login to Aconex with your username and password.
- Click on the Documents tab, and open the Document Register.
- Search the Document Register for your new files. In this case, we added a modifier of "Structural markups" to the architectural files, which can be seen below.