On the Web application and iOS application, Public and Draft layers have been replaced with the ability to create and share multiple markup layers. See our support article to get started with Layers.
The Draft Layer is your own private markup layer that nobody but you can see. Need to take down notes from a site walk, do some quick calculations or draft a sketch? Add it to your Draft Layer, get it right and then push it to the public layer to broadcast to the wider project.
To add annotations to the Draft Layer:
- Open a drawing in either the Native app or Web app canvas.
- The default layer the drawing opens with is always the Public Layer so you will see any mark-ups added to your open drawing.
- Open the Layer Manager at the bottom left of the screen.
- Select Draft from the two options.
- The Public Layer annotations will vanish from view immediately and be replaced by your Draft Layer.
Note: All permission levels can add annotations to the draft layer.